Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by JJ <uk...@yahoo.com> on 2004/02/05 00:30:51 UTC

Newbie Questions

Context: I'm developing an email management system
based on James.

Firstly I'd like to know the simplest way of
determining whether an email is being recieved or sent
when it's being processed?

Secondly is there way of attaching attributes to an
email as you can with servlet requests and responses?
i.e. if I have several mailets how can I pass message
specific attributes between them without using the
container context? For example: I have a spam
detection mailet and want to flag a message a spam or
I retrieve some information from a database about the
recipient or sender and wish to attach that to the
message before passing in onto another mailet?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in
advance,

Jonathan Wright

CTL ltd, Auckland.