Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vincent PROSPER <Vi...@Alkinos.com> on 2002/10/24 18:39:10 UTC

[sub-apps] smthg missing... (?)

Hi,

This is a newbie question about sub-apps in struts 1.1.b2...

I have got two webapps, named portal.war and listing.war and I want
listing.war to become a sub-app of portal.war (does it make sense or am I
misunderstanding something?)

So what I basically did in the portal project is:

**************************
**** web.xml (portal) ****
**************************
   <init-param>
    <param-name>config</param-name>
   </init-param>

   <!-- List of Subapps -->

     <init-param>
      <param-name>config/listing</param-name>
      <param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-listing-config.xml</param-value>
     </init-param>

***********************
**** struts-config ****
***********************
 <global-forwards type = "org.apache.struts.action.ActionForward">
<!-- Accessing listing webapp -->
	<forward contextRelative="true"
		name="toListing"
		path="/listing/index.do"
		redirect="true"/>

 </global-forwards>

*******************************
**** struts-listing-config ****
*******************************
 <action-mappings>

<!-- For outside access -->
  <action path="/index"
          parameter="/putlisting.jsp"
          type="org.apache.struts.action.ActionForward">
  </action>

(I also tried with <action path="/index" forward="/putlisting.jsp"/>)
 </action-mappings>

*********************
**** a jsp page *****
*********************

OK ? (this obviously means that I didn't touch anything in listing.war, only
in portal.war)

Now, when I click this link (which refers to
http://localhost:8080/portal/listing/index.do), I get a '404/not found'
error...

So, my questions are the following:

1. I tried to put listing.war in WEB-INF/lib/ of my portal.war. Is doesn't
work (404), but is it the right way to point to a so called "sub-app" ?
2. I tried to put listing.war in server/default/deploy. The link doesn't
work neither (404), why ?
3. Considering that for 1/ and 2/ I get a dead link, what am I missing (I
didn't find anything more in
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/building_controller.html#dd_confi
g_modules, neither in
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg41762.html?)

Thanks in advance for providing tips to a newbie sub-apper ;-)

Vince