Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Oleksandr Gavenko <ga...@bifit.com.ua> on 2011/11/21 17:33:58 UTC

SVN as FRS (file release service)

Previously we use FTP for FRS but our setup have a lot of misses.

With SVN + Apache (mod_dav_svn.so, mod_authz_svn.so) seems I get:

 * Anonymous read only access through HTTP protocol with wide range of
   supported clients for downloading (wget/curl from GNU Make, <get> task for
   Apache Ant).
 * Easy maintainable write access for users/groups (easy syntax):

    [repo:/path]
    user = rw

   through cadaver utility.

 * Integration with LDAP.
 * History of releases (when, what and who).
 * Atomic operation (prevent from concurrent releases and rollback on errors).

What do you think for this setup?

--
Best regards!