Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com> on 2015/08/11 06:59:39 UTC

[DISCUSS] CloudStack 4.5.2 RC and CloudMonkey 5.3.2 RC

Hi all,

Starting tomorrow I’ll be working towards the release management of next ACS 4.5 release, ACS 4.5.2 and next CloudMonkey release, CM 5.3.2.

I’ve identified 4 issues (some of them are security related and private, others have open PRs and are SAML related) targeting 4.5 branch that I’ll be personally working on, other than that are there any issues that are blockers/critical for 4.5.2 release, or something major enough to be fixed for 4.5.2?

On CloudMonkey’s side, I think we’ve seen few fixes since the last 5.3.1 release and the next in line release (5.3.2) will be a minor release that aims to include few bugfixes, enhancement and an updated API precache (precached APIs against 4.6.0-SNAPSHOT/master to get the superset of all APIs since 4.0) with no major changes.

Comments, questions, feedback?

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue

[cid:9DD97B41-04C5-45F0-92A7-951F3E962F7A]

M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com>
Blog: bhaisaab.org<http://bhaisaab.org> | Twitter: @_bhaisaab

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: [DISCUSS] CloudStack 4.5.2 RC and CloudMonkey 5.3.2 RC

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Too late...

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

On 14/08/2015 09:38, Rohit Yadav wrote:
> Hi Milamber,
>
> Your effort is not wasted, we’ll merge them on 4.5. The first RC
> (4.5.2-rc1) was created just to get the release process started.
> Historically we never done any ACS release with the first RC itself.
> I’m guessing we’ll see some bug reports pretty soon and we’ll need to
> do rc2, rc3 etc.

You're right. But my first tests on 4.5.2RC1 seems look good... so I
crossing my fingers to have a -1 on the vote :-) (I know, it isn't good
to hope a new RC :-))

The PR for the update of L10N files

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Milamber,