Posted to dev@tiles.apache.org by rcook <rc...@pobox.com> on 2007/05/09 18:41:15 UTC

Putlist and definitions

I want to use putlist to create a data entry area on my screen.  The HTML
will create a 2-column table, putting the odd-numbered elements from the
list in the left column and the even-numbered ones on the right; the ones on
the right will be different kinds of html input -- text string, text area,
dropdown, check boxes.

Is this possible, easy, or what?  I see that the add attribute takes a type
of "definition", but haven't found any documentation on that.  Obviously
some code needs to test something fed to the loop to see what HTML format to
use, but I'm not sure how to do that.  I haven't found much in the way of
examples using

add type="definition"

and I'm not sure what form that definition can take.  Can someone point me
to examples, or, better yet, a straightforward explanation of all the tags
in putlist and add?

tia

rc

Re: Putlist and definitions

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/5/9, rcook <rc...@pobox.com>:

> I want to use putlist to create a data entry area on my screen.

What version of Tiles are you using?
If you use Tiles 2 this is the answer:
http://tiles.apache.org/tutorial/advanced/list-attributes.html

Antonio