Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Menschel <Ro...@Menschel.net> on 2005/10/16 02:27:54 UTC

Re[2]: Spam Assasin rule details

Thursday, October 13, 2005, 4:28:07 PM, jdow wrote:

j> I'd also suggest being proactive with Robert and feeding him precanned
j> and carefully configured white list entries. If you develop a relatively
j> secure handshake with Robert it should work out nicely for those setups
j> that use the SARE Whitelist configuration file.

Note that so far my whitelist.cf work impacts only those systems which
download the SARE whitelist files. Systems which use the default SA
system and no custom rules will not benefit(?) from these whitelist
rules.

However, once my current set of travels and other projects are
complete, I do expect to begin merging/migrating the whitelist rules
into the SA distribution rule set.

Qualifications:  Any non-spam newsletter (or notification mailing,
customer service mailing, etc) that wants to be included in my
whitelist listing
a) needs to be sent From a readily identifiable address,
b) needs to be sent from/through predictable and reliable servers
c) needs to be from a domain that does not itself have a serious spam
problem (I won't whitelist even the most reliable non-spam mailings
from spammers)
d) needs to be free from spam complaints itself

If anyone runs, sends, or receives newsletters or notifications that
meet the above criteria, they can send the information to me. I'll
validate the mailing and add it to the whitelist.

Bob Menschel