Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by mdemarco123 <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2014/10/03 00:06:59 UTC

Regarding Default Scoring For Solr

If i add this to the end of my query string I get a score back. &fl=*,score"
Is this the default score? I did read some info on scoring and it is
detailed
and granular and conceptual but because of limited time I can't go into
the how's at the moment of the score calculation.  Are the links below a
good start
as to the default calculation or can it be put any more into a tutorial
fashion

http://www.lucenetutorial.com/advanced-topics/scoring.html
http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_0_0/core/org/apache/lucene/search/similarities/TFIDFSimilarity.html

Re: Regarding Default Scoring For Solr

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
That's a reasonable description for Solr/Lucene scoring, but use the latest
release:
http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_10_0/core/org/apache/lucene/search/similarities/TFIDFSimilarity.html

-- Jack Krupansky