Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Scott Moore <Sc...@netDecide.com> on 2002/04/17 12:49:00 UTC

SVG Font Problem

I'm having a problem with SVG fonts in FOP.  When I use a Times italic font,
I get the following error:

ERROR   10190   [fop     ] (): unknown font Arial,italic,normal so defaulted
font to any

I'm not even sure it's a Times font that shows up in this case.  Bold SVG
fonts have the same problem.  However, when I use a normal style Times font,
it works fine.

The problem has recently gotten worse because I've embedded Arial into my
PDF.  Now I don't get the warning, but it uses the Arial font!  Not only
that, but any spaces in the SVG text show up as hollow boxes.

Why is it looking for Arial?  Does anyone have a solution for this?  If not,
I'd be willing to look at the source code to fix it, especially if someone
could point me in the right direction.  Fixing this problem is a big deal
for me, so I'd appreciate any help SVG FOP gurus could give.

Thanks,
Scott

Re: SVG Font Problem

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
Which version are you using? Are the characters being stroked?

The main cause of this issue is that the fonts resolved in batik are the
java fonts, if not stroking the font pdf font is found by looking through
the java font list and finding the first match. This doesn't always work
how you might want it to.