Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com> on 2008/01/09 06:22:22 UTC

Yoko split

So, the votes were completed over the holidays and it seems that we're
good to go for the move/split to Yoko's new homes.

I can Jira issues over to CXF.  I'm guessing that issues in the
following components need to be moved over:

CorbaBinding
Idl2Wsdl
Wsdl2Idl

I'll leave these assigned to no component for the CXF team to pick up.

As for SVN, it's my understanding that bindings and tools gets left
behind, i.e. assimilated into CXF.  I'll start moving the Yoko core
over to asf/geronimo/yoko.

I expect that the respective PMCs will setup the Yoko committers up in
their projects.

Anyone know what the procedures are to wind down incubator projects?
I'm going to update the incubator status page and will ping the
community to review.  Expect this to be done tomorrow.

I think that it's important enough to restate that each PMC is
responsible for the provenance of the contributions that are a part
of  the Yoko pieces that they assimilate.  Do not assume that this has
been completed, though I'm fairly certain that it has been.

Regards,
Alan

Re: Yoko split

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

On Wednesday 09 January 2008, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> Heh heh.  Yeah I caught up w/ all my holiday mail and saw that.
>
> We've completed copying, though not paring down, Yoko to the Geronimo
> area.  Are you guys fine with me making the old Yoko area R/O?

I have no problem with that.   There are still some things I need to svn
cp out of there (the samples from the distribution), but that's doable
in RO mode.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA

Re: Yoko split

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Heh heh.  Yeah I caught up w/ all my holiday mail and saw that.

We've completed copying, though not paring down, Yoko to the Geronimo
area.  Are you guys fine with me making the old Yoko area R/O?

Regards,
Alan

On Jan 9, 2008, at 1:32 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> Thanks Alan!
>
> I've already started migrating the code over.   It's progressing
> slowly.
>
> Dan
>

> On Wednesday 09 January 2008, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>> On Jan 8, 2008, at 9:22 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>>> I can Jira issues over to CXF.  I'm guessing that issues in the
>>> following components need to be moved over:
>>>
>>> CorbaBinding
>>> Idl2Wsdl

Re: Yoko split

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Heh heh.  Yeah I caught up w/ all my holiday mail and saw that.

We've completed copying, though not paring down, Yoko to the Geronimo
area.  Are you guys fine with me making the old Yoko area R/O?

Regards,
Alan

On Jan 9, 2008, at 1:32 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> Thanks Alan!
>
> I've already started migrating the code over.   It's progressing
> slowly.
>
> Dan
>

> On Wednesday 09 January 2008, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>> On Jan 8, 2008, at 9:22 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>>> I can Jira issues over to CXF.  I'm guessing that issues in the
>>> following components need to be moved over:
>>>
>>> CorbaBinding
>>> Idl2Wsdl

Re: Yoko split

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.