Posted to user@flink.apache.org by vijayakumar palaniappan <vi...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/05 02:06:12 UTC

Task Slots allocation

I am using flink 1.4.0 in standalone cluster mode

I have a job with a graph like a Source(parallelism 3) ->
Filter(parallelism 3) -> Map(parallelism 1) -> sink(parallelism 3)

As per the understanding, max number of tasks slots should be bounded by
the max parallelism, which in this case is 3.

The behavior i observe is that, when more than required number of slots(say
10) are available in cluster, this job uses 5 slots. I attempted setting
the same slotsharinggroup to all streamnodes, but didn't help.

Is this a change in behavior in 1.4.0?. If so are there any workarounds to
force the old behavior

-Vijay

Re: Task Slots allocation

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Could you maybe send a screenshot from the dashboard that shows how tasks are being assigned to slots?

Aljoscha