Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetić <ot...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/12 03:25:13 UTC

Re: Zookeeper jmx monitoring for kafka

Hi Prabhjot,

Short answer: yes
I used to think ZK was so super stable that it was one of those things that
don't require any management, but on a few occasions I witnessed complex
distributed applications nearly fall apart because of issues with ZK.  We
use our own SPM for ZooKeeper to monitor all our ZK nodes.  I'm not a ZK
expert, but metrics like Request Latency, Watch Count, Outstanding Requests
seem important.

Otis

Posted by Edward Ribeiro <ed...@gmail.com>.
Fyi regarding disk space utilization, I submitted a patch to track ZK log
and snapshot directory sizes: ZOOKEEPER-1423

Best,
Eddie

Posted by Edward Ribeiro <ed...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.