Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by kmadha <km...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/25 06:27:11 UTC

Re: Q: options (class) for depends on columnValue

Anders Vesterberg <anders <at> vesdakon.se> writes:

> Hi
> I am working on a page with a table where background color
>  of cell should change dependent upon columnValue. I would
>  like to control with different .css. I am experimenting
>  with SimpleTableValueRendererSource, but as far as I can
>  see that affects presentation of the value/string. I would
>  like to change options on <td>. I am working on a custom
>  TableValues components, but cannot get at it. Can someone
>  give me a hint? I am using Tapestry 2.3.
> /Anders Vesterberg
> www.vesdakon.se
> Server-side Java Development

> For additional commands, e-mail: tapestry-user-help <at> jakarta.apache.org

Hello,
I also want to perform similar thing. I want one of my table columns to have
different background color. For e.g: a start columm 'index'column should have
gray background but rest of the columns should follow odd-even bean coloring.
Is this possible?

Re: Q: options (class) for depends on columnValue

Posted by Barry Books <tr...@gmail.com>.
I did this by overridding the insert component with one that outputs a
class based on the datatype. Min and Max might be more of a problem
because when you override the component it will happen everywhere,
however I think you might be able to control this by putting the page
in a library. On the other hand you could fix this by making the css
something like

td .max {
color: red;
}

I also have stuff like
td .Integer {
text-align: right;
}

Barry

Re: Q: options (class) for depends on columnValue

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.
I would also like to know this one...
I want to make the min/max numbers of a column look different from the
rest, or similarly, have values beyond a determined threshold display
in bold or a different color.

So far I've only used the even-odd bean to change css styles.  I'm
don't think a bean is sufficient, unless it can somehow inspect the
values being rendered.

Dan