Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Will Cline <wi...@us.ibm.com> on 2004/09/09 15:27:14 UTC

[users@httpd] Problems Building and Using mod_proxy_html

Folks, I have been attempting to use mod_proxy_html and have a couple of
problems and was hoping someone might offer some suggestions:

Environment: Redhat ENT v3, Apache 2.0.50, mod_proxy_html v2.3, and
libxml2 -2.6.11

When I build the module using apxs -a -c -I/include/libxml2 -i
mod_proxy_html.c  I get

#  apxs -a -c -I/usr/include/libxml2 -i mod_proxy_html.c
/usr/bin/libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc -prefer-pic -O2 -g -pipe
-march=i386 -mcpu=i686 -DSSL_EXPERIMENTAL_ENGINE -I/usr/kerberos/include
-DAP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER -DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT
-D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE -D_GNU_SOURCE -pthread
-I/usr/include/httpd -I/usr/include/libxml2  -c -o mod_proxy_html.lo
mod_proxy_html.c && touch mod_proxy_html.slo
mod_proxy_html.c: In function `proxy_html_filter':
mod_proxy_html.c:757: `XML_PARSE_RECOVER' undeclared (first use in this
function)
mod_proxy_html.c:757: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
mod_proxy_html.c:757: for each function it appears in.)
mod_proxy_html.c:757: `XML_PARSE_NONET' undeclared (first use in this
function)
mod_proxy_html.c:758: `XML_PARSE_NOBLANKS' undeclared (first use in this
function)
mod_proxy_html.c:758: `XML_PARSE_NOERROR' undeclared (first use in this
function)
mod_proxy_html.c:758: `XML_PARSE_NOWARNING' undeclared (first use in this
function)
apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=65536

I can comment out these lines in the mod_proxy_html.c file (Is there
something wrong with libxml? I installed both the rpm - the base and devel
rpms) - I also have the source.

int xmlopts = XML_PARSE_RECOVER | XML_PARSE_NONET |
        XML_PARSE_NOBLANKS | XML_PARSE_NOERROR | XML_PARSE_NOWARNING ;

 Question: Do I need these to compile properly to use mod_proxy_html - I
am getting some unusual results I think

Any Help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Here are my relavent httpd.conf lines:

# cat httpd.conf.partial

LoadModule headers_module modules/mod_headers.so
LoadFile /usr/lib/libxml2.so
LoadModule proxy_html_module  modules/mod_proxy_html.so

#Will's Proxy directives
ProxyPass /app/ http://wea43.pvcdemo.com:8080/
ProxyPassReverse /app/ http://wea43.pvcdemo.com:8080/
# proxy_html directives
SetOutputFilter proxy-html
ProxyHTMLExtended On
ProxyHTMLURLMap http://wecm2.ibmtest.com /app
<Location /app/>
     ProxyHTMLURLMap / /app/
</Location>
#

I am doing a simple test with a hardcoded <a href="https://www.msn.com> on
a server page (wea43.pvcdemo.com/index.html.en  served thorough my reverse
proxy wecm2.ibmtest.com/app

Will Cline
IBM Corporation
Advanced Technical Support for Pervasive Computing
4200 Frost Ct
Raleigh, N.C. 27609
919-877-3942 or tieline 254-3942

Re: [users@httpd] Problems Building and Using mod_proxy_html

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Will Cline wrote:

> Folks, I have been attempting to use mod_proxy_html and have a couple of
> problems and was hoping someone might offer some suggestions:

Are you the William Cline who contacted me from an nc.rr.com address?
I tried to reply, but nc.rr.com won't accept email from me, either to
you or to postmaster.

> mod_proxy_html.c && touch mod_proxy_html.slo
> mod_proxy_html.c: In function `proxy_html_filter':
> mod_proxy_html.c:757: `XML_PARSE_RECOVER' undeclared (first use in this
> function)

I think you must have got the header files from an older version of
libxml2.  Those options are a relatively recent addition.  I'm not
quite sure when they were introduced; possibly 2.6.0 or maybe later.

> I can comment out these lines in the mod_proxy_html.c file (Is there
> something wrong with libxml? I installed both the rpm - the base and devel
> rpms) - I also have the source.

Yes, commenting those out won't hurt, it'll just make a marginal
difference to how well it deals with malformed HTML coming from a backend.

--
Nick Kew