Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Developer <de...@pas-world.com> on 2009/07/02 00:13:44 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_cache alternative?

Hello,
mod_cache is very bad for caching.
For some unknown reason (for me) it caches script (all request are
mod_rewrite in one php script) and not request URI response of server.

One requested URI should generate one server response, but mod_cache see
all as same php script (WRONG, I think that use internal server path and
script).

Anyone known method to avoid this problem, or alternative to mod_cache?
Another caching module?

Publicidad y Servicios http://www.pas-world.com
Directorio http://www.precioventa.com
Tienda http://informatica.precioventa.com/es/
Autoridad certificadora http://ca.precioventa.com/es/

Re: [users@httpd] mod_cache alternative?

Posted by Jonathan Zuckerman <j....@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 3:26 PM, André Warnier<aw...@ice-sa.com> wrote:
> Developer wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>> mod_cache is very bad for caching.
>
> That's a bad way to start, if you really need help.
> Read this first :
> http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
>> For some unknown reason (for me)
>
> that is probably more accurate
>
> it caches script (all request are
>>
>> mod_rewrite in one php script) and not request URI response of server.
>
> there is no such thing as a URI in the server response.
>

>> One requested URI should generate one server response,
>
> it does
>
> but mod_cache see
>>
>> all as same php script
>
> caching depends indeed (among other things) on the request URI
>

> (WRONG, I think that use internal server path and
>>
>> script).
>
> So far, I think the score is more like mod_cache 10 / Developer 0
>

>> Anyone known method to avoid this problem,
>
> study HTTP
> read the documentation
>
> or alternative to mod_cache?
>>
>> Another caching module?
>
> Another Developer ?

BURN!

on a serious note though, there's lots of options to configure in mod_cache:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_cache.html
if you really can't figure it out, most languages have some type of
templating engine with disk caching options, smarty for php and mako
for python are very good.  They add a little overhead but you have
control to cache based on more than just the URL.

Re: [users@httpd] mod_cache alternative?

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Developer wrote:
> Hello,
> mod_cache is very bad for caching.

That's a bad way to start, if you really need help.
Read this first :
http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

> For some unknown reason (for me)

that is probably more accurate

it caches script (all request are
> mod_rewrite in one php script) and not request URI response of server.

there is no such thing as a URI in the server response.

> One requested URI should generate one server response,

it does

but mod_cache see
> all as same php script

caching depends indeed (among other things) on the request URI

(WRONG, I think that use internal server path and
> script).

So far, I think the score is more like mod_cache 10 / Developer 0

> Anyone known method to avoid this problem,

study HTTP
read the documentation

or alternative to mod_cache?
> Another caching module?