Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/27 23:51:54 UTC

[sieve] Modular Website

the basic, modular website is now sync'd
(http://james.apache.org/jsieve/index.html). feedback or patches more
welcome

- robert

Re: [sieve] Modular Website

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 10:35 PM, Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
>>> No time now, but:
>>> - that page doesn't have the top menu.
>>> - the left links to main/util/mailet are relative: they work on the top,
>>> but they don't work anymore once you are in the nested page.
>>> - the top menu is wrong once you are on a child module..
>>>
>>> Not sure why, but maybe comparing to the mailet poms will help..
>>
>> i've wasted a few hours this morning trying to track down the cause
>> but my maven-foo isn't strong enough :-/
>
> Usually the problem is with site plugin and relative path to parent pom.
> The workaround is to manually install james-project first, and then
> build jsieve. Make sure you have both the pom and the site.xml (for
> james-project/james-parent) installed in the m2 repo before running jsieve.

the problem turned out to be that the module poms inherited
james-project. changing them to inherit jsieve project seems to have
fixed stuff.

> For the left links you probably have to make them absolute urls and not
> relative. In the mailet project they are absolute.

done

if you get the chance, take another look once the website has sync'd

> Maybe one day it'll worth looking at the latest site plugin (we are on
> beta6 because last time I tried things with beta7/8 I had many
> problems.. but newer version should have fixed many of this issues).

+1

i would also like to reduce maintenance by using more menu inheritance

- robert

Re: [sieve] Modular Website

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 8:18 AM, Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:
>> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
>>> the basic, modular website is now sync'd
>>> (http://james.apache.org/jsieve/index.html). feedback or patches more
>>> welcome
>> No time now, but:
>> - that page doesn't have the top menu.
>> - the left links to main/util/mailet are relative: they work on the top,
>> but they don't work anymore once you are in the nested page.
>> - the top menu is wrong once you are on a child module..
>>
>> Not sure why, but maybe comparing to the mailet poms will help..
>
> i've wasted a few hours this morning trying to track down the cause
> but my maven-foo isn't strong enough :-/

Usually the problem is with site plugin and relative path to parent pom.
The workaround is to manually install james-project first, and then
build jsieve. Make sure you have both the pom and the site.xml (for
james-project/james-parent) installed in the m2 repo before running jsieve.

For the left links you probably have to make them absolute urls and not
relative. In the mailet project they are absolute.

Maybe one day it'll worth looking at the latest site plugin (we are on
beta6 because last time I tried things with beta7/8 I had many
problems.. but newer version should have fixed many of this issues).

Stefano

Re: [sieve] Modular Website

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: [sieve] Modular Website