Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Mohit Gupta <su...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/30 09:15:33 UTC

Impact of Zookeeper Unavailability on Running Producers/Consumers

Hi,

We are using zookeeper for committing the consumer offsets. Zookeeper
service has become unavailable due to disk full. The producers/consumers
seems to be running fine ( in terms of numbers of messages
consumed/produced per hour ).

While we are fixing the issue, just want to know it's impact on the system.
For producers, we see no impact where as for consumers just that their
offsets are not getting committed. Also, once the zookeeper is up, consumer
offsets should get updated to their proper value.  It it correct?

Thanks

--
Best Regards,
Mohit Gupta