Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch> on 2002/08/05 17:47:49 UTC

Testing the log4j 1.2 branch

Hello,

Currently, gump tests for log4j apply to the 1.3 branch (the CVS
trunk) whilst most recent log4j developments have been applied to the
1.2 branch. The bracch is called "v1_2-branch". It can be checked out
as:

   cvs -d XYZ checkout -r v1_2-branch jakarta-log4j

where XYZ is the remote repository name, that is
":ext:ceki@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvs" for me.

Does gump support branch-based testing? Many thanks in advance,

--
Ceki

Re: Testing the log4j 1.2 branch

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
At 11:08 06.08.2002 +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>On 06 Aug 2002, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > I'll run this definition on my box with my routine daily Gump and
> > will commit it
>
>done.
>
> > unless I run into problems (in which case, I'll tell you).
>
><http://cvs.apache.org/~bodewig/gump/20020806/log4j-tests-12.html>
>
>I'm not sure whether I need to change something in the setup for the
>tests or whether it is a bug in your tests.  In my checkout of that
>branch, there are only input files socketServer[1-6].properties.

You do not have to change anything. The socketServer[7-8].properties
files slipped through the cracks. I just added them to the CVS repository.

I was also going to ask about log4j-tests-12.html project definition
but was too bashful to ask. You actually anticipated my request. Thank
you!

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 05 Aug 2002, Ceki Gülc <ce...@qos.ch> wrote:

> Does gump support branch-based testing?

In a way, yes.  See the tag attribute on <module>, for an example see
Larry's definition of jakarta-tomcat-jasper_tc4.

I've created a copy of log4j's current definition that uses the 1.2
branch (it will have projects to build the 1.2 version and to test
it).

I'll run this definition on my box with my routine daily Gump and will
commit it unless I run into problems (in which case, I'll tell you).

Stefan