Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by cbiava <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/20 14:49:05 UTC

managing jdbc datasources

Hello,

i have a root instance of in karaf-3.0.0 and its child instances.
I installed jdbc feature in root instance and put the datasource-DBNAME.xml
(and ojdbc.jar) in /instance/deploy/ so only the child can manage this
datasource.

Moreover I dont have jdbc command in the child instance (although the
feature is installed)

Thus, i can manage the datasource in root instance only but not in the child
which si the contrary i'd like to have.
Does anyone as an answer ?

Thanks.
Christophe.

Re: managing jdbc datasources

Posted by cbiava <ch...@gmail.com>.
It Worked. Thank you for your disponibility.

Re: managing jdbc datasources

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
As said in the other thread, remove the data folder to start from a
fresh and clean state.

Regards
JB

On 01/20/2014 03:25 PM, cbiava wrote:
> still the same :/
> I found in an old karaf jira
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-1728) that maybe the uninstall
> was not clean. Do you think there is a "good" way of uninstalling it ?

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: managing jdbc datasources

Posted by cbiava <ch...@gmail.com>.
still the same :/

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Could you try: feature:install jdbc (instead of feature subshell and
install after) ?

Regards
JB

On 01/20/2014 03:12 PM, cbiava wrote:
> Hi Jean Baptiste,
>
> I uninstalled jdbc feature on the root instance thus i've no more jdbc
> commands.
> I uninstalled jdbc feature on the child instance and restarted it (I placed
> jdbc in the featuresBoot of org.apache.karaf.features.cfg)
> I still don't have access to jdbc commands :
> karaf@instC(feature)> jdbc
> Command not found: jdbc
>
>   I tried to uninstall the feature and install it manually :
> araf@instC(feature)> install jdbc
> Error executing command: Bundle installation rejected by hook.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Christophe

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: managing jdbc datasources

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Christophe,

Remove the datasource-NAME.xml file from the deploy folder from the root
instance (if you have some).

You don't have to install the jdbc feature on the root.

You will have the datasource only on the instance.

However, if you want to manage the datasource (execute queries, etc)
from the instance, you have to install the jdbc feature on the instance.

Do you mean that even if you install the jdbc feature on the instance
you don't have the jdbc:* commands ?

Regards
JB

On 01/20/2014 02:49 PM, cbiava wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have a root instance of in karaf-3.0.0 and its child instances.
> I installed jdbc feature in root instance and put the datasource-DBNAME.xml
> (and ojdbc.jar) in /instance/deploy/ so only the child can manage this
> datasource.
>
> Moreover I dont have jdbc command in the child instance (although the
> feature is installed)
>
> Thus, i can manage the datasource in root instance only but not in the child
> which si the contrary i'd like to have.
> Does anyone as an answer ?
>
> Thanks.
> Christophe.