Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Duffy <du...@yahoo.com> on 2003/09/17 21:25:03 UTC

question

I'm following the recommendations laid out by Shawn
Bayern in "JSTL In Action", but I've run into a snag.

On page 136, Shawn recommends using the <c:url> tag
for referring to a directory named images in a Web
application:

<!-- other HTML stuff in here

When I ask Tomcat to send this page, the background is
not there.  When I View Source to look at the HTML, I
see this:

background="/mock-trading-partner/images/gray.jpg;jsessionid=9B0DA55495E2CD9BF40AAD98A4E115D8">

Looks to me like that jsessionid is making it so I
can't find the background.  How do I get rid of it?
Thanks - MOD

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Re: question

Posted by Kris Schneider <kr...@dotech.com>.
Is your browser configured to accept cookies? If not, URL rewriting will be used
for session management. As for actually having a session, by default any JSP
page will create one. If you don't want it to, you need to use the page directive:

<%@ page session="false" %>

Also, by using <c:url> with a relative URL, you're implicitly requesting URL
rewriting. The fact that the <c:out> version still rewrites the URL doesn't make
any sense, it doesn't do that. Try shutting down Tomcat, removing everything in
$CATALINA_HOME/work/Standalone/localhost, and then restarting.

Re: question

Posted by Kris Schneider <kr...@dotech.com>.

Re: question

Posted by Michael Duffy <du...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Kris,

Re: question

Posted by Michael Duffy <du...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Kris,

Re: question

Posted by Michael Duffy <du...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Kris,

I don't know - I didn't try hitting the page again.
I'll give it a try and see.

I was surprised to see it, because I don't have any
session scope variables in the page.  I don't think I

Re: question

Posted by Michael Duffy <du...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Kris,

Re: question