Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Rui Mao <ma...@163.com> on 2016/01/29 02:20:09 UTC

Workable environment

Hi all,

Did anyone successfully create a fresh new installation of CloudStack 4.7?
Could you tell me the environment you used? I tried CentOS 6.5/6.5/7.0 with
Cloudstack 4.6&4.7, but every setup had problem. I'd like to try something
proven workable first.

Best regards,

Rui Mao

Re: Workable environment

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Rui,

They all worked for me.
The hardest bit to get right is the network, once you get a good understanding on that (in Cloudstack context) the rest is easy.

Best thing you can do is install it the best you can, if you hit a problem come back here. Don't forget to send details of your problem along with log fragments - and make sure to set your logs to DEBUG:
sed -i 's/INFO/DEBUG/g' /etc/cloudstack/agent/log4j-cloud.xml
sed -i 's/INFO/DEBUG/g' /etc/cloudstack/management/log4j-cloud.xml

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Re: Workable environment

Posted by ilya <il...@gmail.com>.
Mohd,

I dont agree with you. Thats a very generalized statement.

We put a lot of effort to make sure upgrades are working as expected and
you can move forward from any version to any version.

With that said, if you have specific problem - you need to file a bug
and reach out to dev list.

Rui,

I haven't had a chance to upgrade to 4.6 or 4.7 yet, but i can attest
that 4.5 works well in very large environments.

Regards
ilya

Re: Workable environment