Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/20 23:38:22 UTC

ActiveMQ-CPP Version 3.0 RC0

Hey everyone,
It's official ... ActiveMQ-CPP v3.0 now has a release candidate, RC0.

The 3.0 code has been in the works awhile and a lot of the code has been
rewritten to improve performance and increase stability.  This version now
features a Failover Transport so the user doesn't have to try and reconnect
when a broker goes down.  We need as many people as we can to download the
code and give it a try so we can flush out as many issues as we can before
the official release, check it out here:
<http://activemq.apache.org/cms/activemq-cpp-30-release.html>

The links on this page won't work until the release is official.  For
now, follow the instructions at the top to download the release
candidate:
<http://people.apache.org/~tabish/activemq-cpp-3.0-RC0-src.tar.gz>

Regards,
Tim

Re: ActiveMQ-CPP Version 3.0 RC0

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 08:07 -0400, Corwin Yu wrote:
> I've been trying to sync pyactivemq with AMQCpp for a while, my
> understanding is that the libraries for py are way behind... if you have
> any success with getting it to work for 3.0.0, I would love to hear how
> you got it to work...
>
> Regards,
> Corwin

I'm not involved in the pyActiveMQ development and don't know if anyone
is actively working on keeping it updated.  The 3.0 code is a big change
to the 2.x line so getting pyActiveMQ to work is probably not trivial.
Perhaps once the 3.0 release is final pyActiveMQ will release a new
version that is targeted at the new release of AMQCPP.

Regards
Tim.

--
Tim Bish
http://fusesource.com

Re: ActiveMQ-CPP Version 3.0 RC0

Posted by Corwin Yu <co...@phasecap.com>.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 01:15 -0700, danny0c0 wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> I tried to compile pyactivemq ( http://xrl.in/22pp ) with the 3.0.0 release
> candidate and it's looking for the 'clone' method on CMSException, which it
> seems, was removed. Was that intentional ?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Danny.

Yes, this was an intentional change in the API.  There shouldn't be any
reason to clone the CMSException it can be copied if needed as it
provides a copy constructor.

Regards
Tim.

--
Tim Bish
http://fusesource.com

RE: ActiveMQ-CPP Version 3.0 RC0

Posted by danny0c0 <da...@propylon.com>.

Hi There,

Posted by Nawaz Ahmed <na...@progress.com>.
Oh ...Thanks
Last Sentence was not clearly visible in my mail box.

--
Tim Bish
http://fusesource.com

RE: ActiveMQ-CPP Version 3.0 RC0