Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Maurizio Pedraglio <pe...@ngi.it> on 2006/05/10 11:14:23 UTC

resources for profiling rules

hi all,
can you provide me something related to profiling rules in jetspeed2?
I red http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-profiler.html,
when I'm using my own portal I can see some rules already defined like
"j2", "j1", "group-fallback", "role-fallback", but I'm not able to find
nothing about them on the web (for example: how does j2 work?).

Thanks
Bye
Maurizio

Re: resources for profiling rules

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Maurizio,

You should read up on the Portal-Site and Profiler components here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/portals/jetspeed-2/trunk/design-docs/src/

Not exactly the latest and greatest, but it should help you understand
what is going on between the Portal-Site, Profiler, and Page-Manager
components.

To understand what the profiling rule definitions are, you should be
able to view them in one of the admin portlets or look here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/portals/jetspeed-2/trunk/etc/sql/populate-db-default.sql?view=markup

Feel free to ask more detailed questions here on the list.

Randy