Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by signetring <ma...@signet-ring.com> on 2007/07/23 14:25:20 UTC

Delivering [Spam] to the .Spam Folder

I am using Spamassassin 3.1.8 which is the most recent available of the 3.1.x
series to Gentoo users.

Using qmail, vpopmail, and qmail-scanner to invoke spamassassin.

I am using verbose spamassassin mode, and am trying to get mails tagged with
rewrite_subject [Spam] to be auto-delivered to the Maildir/.Spam folder.

The challenge is that I want this to be done site-wide, and for some reason
that I cannot tell, this no longer works for me. Meaning that it was
working, and I cannot explain why not any longer. Except that on Friday, I
needed to remove fprot from the qmail-scanner process. It was throwing some
nasty errors on my box, and when I recompiled everything, I've just been
getting no love at all.

However, one thing that is of interest is that MOST of the [Spam] ends up in
the proper place. Some [Spam] slips by. The stuff that slips by is somehow
using the /etc/spamassassin/local.cf preferences. All the [Spam] that is
properly delivered to Maildir/.Spam is using my
/var/vpopmail/domains/%d/%l/.spamassassin/user_prefs file.

What would be the cause of two different prefs files in use by the same
account? It's the weirdest thing.

Qmail-scanner config options:

./configure --spooldir /var/spool/qmailscan --qmaildir /var/qmail --bindir
/var/qmail/bin --qmail-queue-binary /var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue  --admin
postmaster --domain ark --notify psender,nmlvadm --local-domains ark
--silent-viruses auto --lang en_GB --debug 1 --unzip 1
--block-password-protected 0 --add-dscr-hdrs 0 --archive 0 --redundant yes
--log-details syslog --log-crypto 0 --fix-mime 2  --ignore-eol-check 0
--scanners "auto" --install 1

Spamd runtime options:

-c -d -v -s local4 -q -u vpopmail
--virtual-config-dir=/var/vpopmail/domains/%d/%l/.spamassassin/ -H
/var/vpopmail

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have lost 3 days looking for an
answer but have just exhausted myself trying. Thanks.