Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Marc Novakowski <po...@yahoo.com> on 2002/10/23 19:00:06 UTC

Async Internal Message Exchange

I've been reading through the
AxisInternalMessageExchange.zip proposal with some
interest.  I'm using Axis as an embedded SOAP server
inside of my company's own proprietary software.  This
software is completely asynchronous, which is making
it an "interesting" exercise since Axis is internally
synchronous (i.e the AxisEngine.invoke() call blocks
until the web service method returns).  It would be so
nice to be able to register callback handlers and fire
off asynchronous "invoke()" calls at will.  If I'm not
mistaken, that's exactly what this proposal would
allow.

I know the proposal has only been out for a few weeks,
but I'm curious if there has been any further progress
with it?  Are there any plans to integrate it into
Axis for a particular build?

Thanks!
Marc Novakowski

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/

Re: Async Internal Message Exchange

Posted by David Chappell <ch...@sonicsoftware.com>.
Hi Marc,
Yes, we very much plan to continue to work through this and integrate it
into the Axis engine.  See also
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-dev&m=103115253500687&w=2
We have been working somewhat offline with James and others to help
define this.  This proposal from James is a great step towards getting a
design in place for the core engine.  The other big chunk will be for us
to define the asynchronous callback API.  We will try and be more vocal
on the list as this progresses.
Dave

--
Sonic Software - Backbone of the Extended Enterprise