Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2011/02/05 12:50:21 UTC

Re: Branching karaf-2.2.x now (Re: Thoughts about Karaf profiles /releases / growing number of dependencies (Re: AW: AW: Problem when startingcamel-cxf in karaf)

The most important is not the name (RC, M, snapshots or whatever), it's to keep the community aware of the availability of artifacts.

So agree with Andreas, we can still user snapshots and just keep the user informed. Maybe we can send mail of user mailing list when a build is done of Hudson ?

Regards
JB
Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
I've updated the Release Guide to include a small section on community
awareness messages.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KARAF/Release+Guide

We don't branch trunk for dot zero releases all that often so I don't
think this would lead to a situation where we are spamming everyone's
inbox with updates.

Cheers,
Jamie

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.