Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Frederic Jeanne <fj...@symetrx.com> on 2001/04/02 18:15:29 UTC

RE: async soap server?

Hello,

Even with the SOAP SMTP implementation you'll have to wait for the answer
(popPollDelay in SOAPSMTPConnection constructor).

We are testing soap over SMTP and it works quite well. To begin, I suggest
you
try the GetQuoteSMTP sample in the SOAP 2.1 distribution.
You'll need the SMTP and POP bean from IBM alphabean.

Note : Some commercial Message Oriented Middleware vendor provide a bridge
to SMTP.
In this case SMTP seems not to be a so bad transport protocol
for Internet ;)

- A SMTP msg passes the firewalls.
- SMTP just requires a lightweight POP polling client.
- With MIME you can attach binaries files to your SOAP request (not a
convenient use of SOAP but ..)

Naturally, the SMTP features are quite simple (no security, no delivery
insurance, ..)
Your application must implement all those ones.

regards,

Fred J,