Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ooper <ma...@roomity.com> on 2005/12/09 23:44:59 UTC

[OT] How to determine if a session id is still valid

Given a session id -- request.getSession().getId() which has been previously saved to a db, how can I determine if it is still a valid/active session? TIA, Brian Barnett

Broadband interface (RIA) + mail box saftey = http://Struts_User_List.roomity.com
*Your* clubs, no sign up to read, ad supported; try broadband internet.

Re: [OT] How to determine if a session id is still valid

Posted by gr...@intellicare.com.
ooper <ma...@roomity.com> wrote on 12/09/2005 05:44:59 PM:

> Given a session id -- request.getSession().getId() which has been
> previously saved to a db, how can I determine if it is still a
> valid/active session? TIA, Brian Barnett

Hi Brian, I don't really know the direct answer to your question but seems
to me if you implement HttpSessionListener, you could delete (or "do
something to") the rows in your database table when the session was
destroyed and thereby ensure that all the rows of your table in fact only
contained "valid" sessions..?.. Just a thought..

Regards,
Geeta