Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by David E Jones <de...@me.com> on 2011/08/01 00:41:57 UTC

Re: Split Shipping

There is some code OOTB to select among multiple Facilities associated with a ProductStore, but in most cases where an organization has multiple facilities it is necessary to customize this. This basically does the inventory reservation across multiple facilities.

The order itself should NOT be split into multiple ship groups for the different facilities. The ship groups are setup by the customer and represent different sets of items to ship to different addresses or by different carrier services.

Shipping from different facilities is a matter of picking/packing/shipping based on inventory reservations in each Facility. The result will be multiple Shipments, one per Facility-ShipGroup combination.

-David

Re: Split Shipping

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I may have missed the code, but as far as I can see
productstore.reserveInventory
productstore.oneInventoryFacility
are only used to verify that Quickship can be used.
productstore.reserveInventory is not used to deal with multiplefacilites.

productstore.oneInventoryFacility
only return
productstore.inventoryFacilityId
if set to Y
otherwise has no effect.

maybe the code has changed from original intent.

David E Jones sent the following on 7/31/2011 3:41 PM:

Re: Split Shipping

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I use the manufacturing routing to make rules for inventory amd multiple
facilities.

Paul sent the following on 8/1/2011 4:58 AM:

Re: Split Shipping