Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/01 17:42:24 UTC

MyFaces 2.0 and javascript builder plugin

Hello everyone.

MyFaces 2.0 enforces a central jsf.js for all includes,
now my idea is to concatenate all files to a single js file and
recompress them.
So far I have this working with the standard maven plugin which does it
(despite having had to workaround 1-2 bugs)
Now I have seen our builder tools also have a javascript plugin.

Now two questions:
Are our builder tools able to do the same, as it seems they do, but
since this part lacks documentation entirely I have not yet figured out
how to trigger them on a set of javascript files correctly.

Secondly, does it make sense to maintain our own builder tools
regarding javascript if maven itself has one in the sandbox?

Werner