Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Carlos Garcia Ibañez <Ca...@EMEA.NEC.COM> on 2013/08/02 13:50:07 UTC

Login Service against Abiquo 2.4

Hi, everyone.
I'm trying to implement a login service against the Abiquo API, and I'd like to know if there is already an accessible utility in jClouds for doing this.
The piece of code I'm currently developing will serve as a gateweay between an external portal (which captures the user's credentials) and the Abiquo services, and will be responsible for retrieving the authentication token generated by the server for the session in course and the locale for the logged user.
In my previous attempt (before discovering jClouds), I invoked directly the Abiquo Login API<http://wiki.abiquo.com/display/ABI24/LoginResource#LoginResource-LoginResource> through Jersey and parsed the HTTP headers to fetch the authentication token cookie. Is there any easy way to do something similar with jClouds?
Thanks in advance!

[cid:image001.jpg@01CE8F82.384ACDF0]

Re: Login Service against Abiquo 2.4

Posted by Ignasi <ig...@gmail.com>.
Hi Carlos,

This definitely has room for improvement. Currently Abiquo supports
authentication using Basic Auth and Token based auth, but the latter is
very manual. You have to manually get the token, and then create the
context using it as your credentials, as shown in the Live test [1].

This is far from being usable, so I've opened an issue [2] so
authentication is properly implemented to enforce the use of the
authentication token. I'll prioritize this one over the other ones I have
in progress, because it should be pretty straightforward to implement, but
I might not be able to have it until next week, as I have limited Internet
access right now.

[1]
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs/blob/master/abiquo/src/test/java/org/jclouds/abiquo/http/filters/AbiquoAuthenticationLiveApiTest.java
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-223