Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2011/02/13 10:08:36 UTC

preparing 3.1M2

I think it is a good time to start thinking about 3.1M2. I've fixed a number of critical issues that caused production problems with M1, we have lots of new cool things (cayenne-lifecycle), and we also have a number of early adopters. My own pre-M2 TODO is to finish some serialization related testing. If there are no objections, after that I am going to start M2 release procedure.

Andrus

Re: preparing 3.1M2

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
BTW, here are the test results on my machine:

hsqldb: no failures
derby: no failures
postgres:

Failed tests:
  testBLOB(org.apache.cayenne.access.ReturnTypesMappingTest)

Mysql:

Failed tests:
 testREAL(org.apache.cayenne.access.ReturnTypesMappingTest)
 testProcedureQueryStringMapBoolean(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextPerformQueryAPITest)

There are also occasional random failures on Hudson and locally due to WeakReferences in ObjectStore and unpredictable GC. I am planing to clean up the tests at some point and also maybe implement a pluggable object retain strategy to make things more predictable.

Andrus

Re: preparing 3.1M2

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Yeah, I'd say writing about 3.1 is probably the best bet now. While nobody is working on Cayenne full-time, we have still made some great progress. I only have one major new feature for 3.1: support for merging multiple configs into one in runtime (much easier to implement in 3.1 than it was before). After that we can freeze a beta.

Considering our current level of involvement, all the other ambitious projects, like generics in queries, should probably go in 3.2.

Andrus

Re: preparing 3.1M2

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.

Re: preparing 3.1M2