Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Brian Gaber <Br...@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca> on 2012/06/05 14:31:12 UTC

[users@httpd] httpd-2.4.2 "make install" fails on AIX 6.1

I have similar problem to the problem described here: http://grokbase.com/t/apache/dev/11cva03wa7/httpd-2-3-16-beta-make-install-fails

I have coreutils and libtools installed.

I have successfully compiled apr and apr-utils as follows:

# Build and install apr
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apr-httpd/
make
make install

# Build and install apr-util
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apr-util-httpd/ --with-apr=/usr/local/apr-httpd/ --with-openssl --with-crypto --with-ldap --with-expat=/usr
make
make install

# Configure httpd
./configure --with-apr=/usr/local/apr-httpd/ --with-apr-util=/usr/local/apr-util-httpd/ \
--with-mpm=prefork \
--enable-auth-basic \
--enable-auth-form \
--enable-authn-anon \
--enable-authn-dbm \
--enable-auth-digest \
--enable-authnz-ldap \
--enable-cern-meta \
--enable-dav \
--enable-dav-fs \
--enable-dbd \
--enable-deflate \
--enable-expires \
--enable-ext-filter \
--enable-headers \
--enable-info \
--enable-ldap \
--enable-mime-magic \
--enable-proxy \
--enable-rewrite \
--enable-session \
--enable-session-cookie \
--enable-session-crypto \
--enable-session-dbd \
--enable-speling \
--enable-ssl \
--enable-unique-id \
--enable-usertrack \
--enable-vhost-alias \
--enable-mods-shared="auth-basic auth-form authn_anon authn_dbm auth_digest authnz-ldap cern_meta dav dav_fs dbd deflate expires ext_filter headers info ldap mime_magic proxy rewrite session session-cookie session-crypto session-dbd ssl speling unique_id usertrack vhost_alias"

make is successful.

make install fails with this error:

Making install in modules
Making install in aaa
rm -f /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_authn_file.so
/usr/local/apr-httpd//build-1/libtool --silent --mode=install install mod_authn_file.la /usr/local/apache2/modules/
find: bad status-- /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_authn_file.so
install: File mod_authn_file.so was not found.

Stop.

Stop.

Stop.

Stop.

        Thanks for assistance.

Re: [users@httpd] RE: httpd-2.4.2 "make install" fails on AIX 6.1

Posted by Michael Felt <ma...@gmail.com>.
It may not have all the options you want installed, but I worked on a set
up scripts in ./build/aix

The idea is that if you run build/aix/buildaix.ksh it does a configure for
you. I also suggested a layout for AIX (look in config.layout).

The layout uses /opt/httpd, /var/httpd and /etc/httpd as the directories to
put the files and puts the man pages in /usr/share/man1

The "difficulity" is with apr and apr-util. As long as these can be found
the configure command should run fine.

Note: if you have already run configure (i.e. Makefile exists) the scripts
do not run configure but run
make
make DESTDIR=xxx install

and then calls a final script that creates an installp installable in
build/aix/xxx.I

This creates both a root part and a usr part (man pages, binaries go in usr
part).

Am very interested in hearing how it works (or where it did not work); what
you like, do not like.

regards,
Michael

note: the script tests for the fileset with the mkinstallp command and
stops if it is not installed.

Posted by Brian Gaber <Br...@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca>.
This suggestion worked.