Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org> on 2005/11/23 04:09:36 UTC

[m2] Question about Dependency version rules and a couple suspect logging bugs.

The following message is displayed during the by mvn -X compile.

[DEBUG]     commons-collections:commons-collections:jar:2.1 (removed -
nearer found: 3.0)
[DEBUG]     commons-collections:commons-collections:jar:2.1 (selected
for compile)
1) Should the word be "newer" instead of "nearer" in the first debug
    line? Is this a logging bug?

2) What are the rules around which version is select when their are
    multiple version for an artifact?

3) The classpath element contains commons-collection 3.0, not 2.1 as
    stated by the second debug line.  Is this a logging bug?

Paul Spencer

Re: [m2] Question about Dependency version rules and a couple suspect logging bugs.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
I think the reporting of removed then selected was fixed in svn.

1) nearer is correct, the default rule is to use the nearest declared
version (number of transitivie hops to the pom).

2) as above, we'll be introducing more in future (we have newest in
there, but there's no way to enable it in 2.0)

3) yes, I think it is fixed.