Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Vangelis karv <ka...@hotmail.com> on 2014/05/22 17:59:16 UTC

Importance of Score

(Apache Nutch 2.2.1)

Hi again!
GeneratorJob marks the best topN sites for fetching. Does it choose Urls with the highest score or random Urls? If it chooses randomly, then whats the point of the score field??
Thank you!

Re: Importance of Score

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Vangelis,

> Cons: Scoring is not used for selection Domains (hosts) at the start of a region
> (mapper input) have the highest chance to get selected.
>
> I guess that the first line is wrong and should be updated.

Afaics, that belongs to section "Things for future development", resp. "Suggestions".
If I didn't miss something that not relevant for the current 2.x.

Sebastian

RE: Importance of Score

Posted by Vangelis karv <ka...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Importance of Score

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Vangelis,

Re: Importance of Score

Posted by Talat Uyarer <ta...@uyarer.com>.
Hi Vangelis,

In Nutch 2.x we use partitioner for distrubiting urls. in reduce of
generatorjob we take only topN/recude count urls. We don't choose random by
default but we don't take with highest score.

Am i wrong Sebastian ?
Talat