Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Steve Molloy <sm...@opentext.com> on 2013/11/26 21:19:56 UTC

Distributed MLT handler

I think there's been an issue with my original post about this, but in any case, I have a new patch to be looked at. Basically, the idea of SOLR-5480 is to make the MLT handler itself support distributed request. The component used in standard search handler already did, but not the handler. In our case, we need the handler to be able to pass in text that isn't indexed and get similar content from the index.

Anyhow, updated patch is attached to ticket and if anyone has some cycles to look it over and give feedback on the approach, I'd appreciate. :)

Thanks,
Steve

PS: In terms of dev environment, what is the standard? I'm used to maven projects in eclipse, but basically I'm just looking for a way of avoiding to rebuild the war and redeploy it every time I make a small change that eclipse's debugger cannot apply on the fly. I've seen instructions on debugging, but never on actually running from within eclipse...