Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Nicholson <ro...@elastica.com> on 2006/08/01 06:11:01 UTC

Re: Retagging false positives?

Yes that's correct. when you relearn a message for bayes you don't
need to write a new message at all. You just update the db based on
the contents of the message as HAM or SPAM. that's easy because it's
easy to query the message back using IMAP and the message-id. But I
don't think IMAP will easily let you  rewrite the message. I say
don't think because I honestly haven't looked too hard at the IMAP
apis yet. I use Mail::Audit to store the message as it arrives in a
maildir folder. and I use Mail::IMAPClient to read the message to
relearn based on it's message id.