Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by WangJianfei <wa...@otcaix.iscas.ac.cn> on 2016/11/10 13:43:22 UTC

If we run sc.textfile(path,xxx) many times, will the elements be the same in each partition

Hi Devs:
    If  i run sc.textFile(path,xxx) many times, will the elements be the
same(same element,same order)in each partitions?
My experiment show that it's the same, but which may not cover all the
cases. Thank you!

Re: If we run sc.textfile(path,xxx) many times, will the elements be the same in each partition

Posted by Prashant Sharma <sc...@gmail.com>.
+user -dev

Since the same hash based partitioner is in action by default. In my
understanding every time same partitioning will happen.

Thanks,