Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Paulo Jesus <pa...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/03 19:53:58 UTC

Question on derby benchmarks.

I have developed some code on engine of Derby ver 10.2.2. Is part of
larger project GAPI from GORDA project,  (support for replication
services),  that uses embedded code. The project was not ported to ver
10.3 yet.

I putted these question on list Derby-users but, after short talk
here,  i think maybe is best here.

I wonder what benchmarks have been in use by the Derby team. TPC-B?
And were can i find the source of those tests.

The specification I need is.
  - TPC-W and TPC-C tests use SetMaxRows statement that derby does not
support. I'm looking a test ajusted to Derby.
  -  Support for various users to generate conflict in querys. This is
the main argument to be tested. Poleposition test is good to test
overhead caused by new code but not for this.

If there is some test adjusted please tell me. If i couldn't find any,
i will start to build one simple test.

Thanks
PJ

Re: Question on derby benchmarks.

Posted by Paulo Jesus <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Daniel.
If the test is TPC-C like i believe there is, in the replication
project, interest in.
TPC-C test was discarded, maybe this test ("Order Entry") is good enough.
I will use it soon. For now i found a error whit a simple test, and
I'm getting trouble to correct it.  If i can't, I will post here for
help.

I need to relate Exceptions on transactions to force the abort of them
and ContextManager.popContext(..) gerenrating
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException error.

PJ

Posted by Dy...@Sun.COM.
John Sisson <jr...@gmail.com> writes:

> It appears that it should go through the IP Clearance process that you
> mentioned.  AFAIK IBM had to go through the same process for the Derby
> network server tests, see the see the
> derby-2248-contribution-tests-ibm
> <http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/derby-2248-contribution-tests-ibm.html>
> link on the IP clearance page.
>
> The Derby PMC would be responsible for filing an IP clearance form.

Thanks, John :)

(I ended up starting a new thread under the Subject "How
to donate code to Apache) since not many people appeared to be
following this old thread.)

--
dt

Re: Question on derby benchmarks.

Posted by John Sisson <jr...@gmail.com>.
It appears that it should go through the IP Clearance process that you
mentioned.  AFAIK IBM had to go through the same process for the Derby
network server tests, see the see the derby-2248-contribution-tests-ibm
<http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/derby-2248-contribution-tests-ibm.html>
link on the IP clearance page.

The Derby PMC would be responsible for filing an IP clearance form.

Regards,
John

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org>.