Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Karen Vuong <ka...@yahoo.com> on 2013/05/24 02:44:05 UTC

[REMINDER] Early-bird Pricing for the CloudStack Collaboration Conference 2013 will End on May 24th

Hi all,

Tomorrow (May 24th) is the last day to get your CloudStack Collaboration Conference passes with the early-bird discount. Here are some exciting new updates for the upcoming CCC13!

## The Phoenix Project Author Gene Kim to Keynote CloudStack Collaboration Conference

If there's one book you should read about DevOps this year, it's The Phoenix Project by Gene Kim, Kevin Behr, and George Spafford. If you attend one keynote, it should be Gene Kim's at the CloudStack Collaboration Conference June 23rd through June 25th.

Gene Kim will be speaking on day one of the conference, with a new talk called "Why We Need DevOps Now: A Fourteen Year Study of High Performing IT Organizations." He will also be taking time to sign copies of The Phoenix Project for attendees. (A limited supply of the book will be given out free to folks who have registered for the conference, so you'll want to register before supplies run out! For more information, please visit: [1] www.cloudstackcollab.org/keynote1

Chip Childers, VP of Apache CloudStack, will also be delivering a "State of the Union" keynote on day one of the conference.

## That's Not All

There's a lot going on in the Apache CloudStack community, and you won't want to miss the opportunity to catch up with the developers that are moving CloudStack forward, users who have successfully built production clouds, and integrators who are helping build a healthy ecosystem around the open foundation of Apache CloudStack. The conference is your opportunity to exchange ideas, discuss plans for Apache CloudStack, learn how others are using it, and to participate in workshops and sprints about CloudStack.

## Evening Events

    * Sunday, June 23rd: A Cocktail Reception sponsored by SolidFire at the Santa Clara Convention Center.
    * Monday, June 24th: CloudStack Party at California's Great America from 6:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Private access to five roller coasters - Flight Deck, Rue le Dodge Bumper Cars, Celebration Swings, Vortex, and the brand new roller coaster, Gold Striker.

## Important Dates

    * Notifications of accepted proposals go out on May 24th.
    * Program is announced on June 3rd.
    * The Conference Hack Day will be on June 23rd.
    * The Conference talks and planned sessions begin on June 24th.
    * Day Two of the conference talks and planned sessions on June 25th. Conference ends.

## Location and Pricing

The CloudStack Collaboration Conference 2013 will be held at the Santa Clara Convention Center, less than 5 minutes away from the San Jose International Airport (SJC).

Early bird pricing will end on May 24th. Register before the deadline to receive 35% off the general ticket price. The general registration is $149.00. With spots going quickly, don't delay and register today at [2] www.cloudstackcollab.org/register!

We encourage attendees to stay at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara to participate in after-hours events with the Apache CloudStack community. Book your room today to take advantage of the CloudStack Collaboration Conference 2013 special rate of $199.00 per night. There are a limited number of rooms available at this special rate so book early!

## See You in California!

We're excited about getting the CloudStack community together again, and we hope you'll join us! Spread the word, and join us in Santa Clara, CA on June 23rd.

Want more information? Check out [3] www.cloudstackcollab.org for further information and updates on the conference.

## Sponsorships

Not sure if you can afford the CloudStack Collaboration Conference admission ticket? If you are an individual developer that contributes to the Apache CloudStack community and would like to attend, please don't let that stop you from coming! Feel free to email me at karen.vuong@citrix.com and I can make an arrangement for you. We would love to see all of the contributors participate at the hackathon and in discussions!

## Follow Conference Tweets at #CCC13!

## References

    1.    www.cloudstackcollab.org/keynote1
    2.    www.cloudstackcollab.org/register
    3.    www.cloudstackcollab.org

Thanks,

Karen

[REMINDER] Early-bird Pricing for the CloudStack Collaboration Conference 2013 Ends on May 24th