Posted to dev@freemarker.apache.org by Albert Kam <mo...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/21 16:58:48 UTC

Single line comment ?

Hello,

I've always wondered whether freemarker support a single line comment
like // in java ?

I'm usually struck with this nested commenting situation that breaks
the parsing:

<#-- outer comment

<#macro something>
    <#-- inner comment --> (it breaks the outer comment here)
</#macro>

-->

Thank you.

--
Do not pursue the past. Do not lose yourself in the future.
The past no longer is. The future has not yet come.

Re: Single line comment ?

Posted by Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu>.
There's no single line parsing.

As of supporting nested comments, that I also find very annoying that
it doesn't work. For some reason, it doesn't work in most other
languages either (Java, C, etc.)... never understood why.

Saturday, May 21, 2016, 6:58:48 PM, Albert Kam wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've always wondered whether freemarker support a single line comment
> like // in java ?
>
> I'm usually struck with this nested commenting situation that breaks
> the parsing:
>
> <#-- outer comment
>
> <#macro something>
>     <#-- inner comment --> (it breaks the outer comment here)
> </#macro>

-->>

> Thank you.

 Daniel Dekany