Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by y_...@tsmc.com on 2010/01/27 04:09:53 UTC

RetriesExhaustedException

Hi,
Sorry for my wrong subject of prvious mail.

There are 3 zookeeper servers(4 core, 12G RAM), 10 Region servers (4 core,
12G RAM) in my cluster.
900 regions are in HBase now.
I don't know why the RetriesExhaustedException raised.
Any suggestions?

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Trying to contact
region server Some server, retryOnlyOne=true, index=0, islastrow=true,
tries=9, numtries=10, i=19, listsize=20,
region=FRPF-MAINPD_ID,,1264583412962 for region
FRPF-MAINPD_ID,,1264583412962, row 'XRD_AE32739-01.001036q5gak_kd3gxd', but
failed after 10 attempts.
Exceptions:

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers$Batch.process(HConnectionManager.java:1120)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.processBatchOfRows(HConnectionManager.java:1201)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.flushCommits(HTable.java:605)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.put(HTable.java:470)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.tableindexed.IndexedRegion.updateIndex(IndexedRegion.java:213)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.tableindexed.IndexedRegion.updateIndexes(IndexedRegion.java:145)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.tableindexed.IndexedRegion.put(IndexedRegion.java:96)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.put(HRegion.java:1208)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.put(HRegionServer.java:1834)

        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor8.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseRPC$Server.call(HBaseRPC.java:648)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Handler.run(HBaseServer.java:915)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.getRegionServerWithRetries(HConnectionManager.java:1002)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers$2.doCall(HConnectionManager.java:1193)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers$Batch.process(HConnectionManager.java:1115)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.processBatchOfRows(HConnectionManager.java:1201)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.flushCommits(HTable.java:605)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.put(HTable.java:489)
        at
flow.service.CommonTableData.insertToHbase(CommonTableData.java:287)
        at flow.service.CommonTableData.insert(CommonTableData.java:61)
        at CommonTable.main(CommonTable.java:23)

Fleming Chiu(邱宏明)
707-6128
y_823910@tsmc.com
週一無肉日吃素救地球(Meat Free Monday Taiwan)

                                                         TSMC PROPERTY

 for the sole use of its

 other than the intended

 please notify the sender by

 immediately. Thank you.

                                                         TSMC PROPERTY
 for the sole use of its
 other than the intended
 please notify the sender by
 immediately. Thank you.

Re: RetriesExhaustedException

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
2010/1/26  <y_...@tsmc.com>:

> There are 3 zookeeper servers(4 core, 12G RAM), 10 Region servers (4 core,
> 12G RAM) in my cluster.

Regards the zk servers, thats a bit of overkill.  You might instead
run them beside regionservers only give them their own disk if you
can.  They need a bit of RAM and then they need to be able to write to
disk w/ minimal contention.

> 900 regions are in HBase now.
> I don't know why the RetriesExhaustedException raised.
> Any suggestions?
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException:
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Trying to contact
> region server Some server, retryOnlyOne=true, index=0, islastrow=true,
> tries=9, numtries=10, i=19, listsize=20,
> region=FRPF-MAINPD_ID,,1264583412962 for region
> FRPF-MAINPD_ID,,1264583412962, row 'XRD_AE32739-01.001036q5gak_kd3gxd', but
> failed after 10 attempts.
> Exceptions:

So, take the region name:

FRPF-MAINPD_ID,,1264583412962

...and grep the master log.  See what was going on around the above
time.  Was the region not deployed anywhere?  If so, why not?

Hopefully you have been running at DEBUG log level.  If so, you'll
have more detail in the logs and it'll be easier discerning why the
issue.

St.Ack