Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/17 20:53:36 UTC

Property collisions

As always working on Spindle...

properties, parameters and injects can all collide with respect to
thier property names. The enhancement chain checks for name collisions
but frankly it's hard to determine the order of precedence by looking
at the HM configuration for the chain.

Howard, in a nutshell, who wins out in what case when there is a
property name collision?

Geoff

Re: Property collisions

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
It really *is* determined by the order of operations of the enhancement
workers.

However, there's no reason why we couldn't update component specification to
do similar checks as various objects are added (bindings, assets, etc.).

On 5/17/05, Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As always working on Spindle...
>
> properties, parameters and injects can all collide with respect to
> thier property names. The enhancement chain checks for name collisions
> but frankly it's hard to determine the order of precedence by looking
> at the HM configuration for the chain.
>
> Howard, in a nutshell, who wins out in what case when there is a
> property name collision?
>
> Geoff

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry