Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Rami Mankevich <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/26 11:08:50 UTC

Flume idea

Hey Guys.
I m working iwth flume for couple of months and faces several issues:
My flow is simple:
Im using REST WS which has internal AVRO client.
So the flow is simple :
HTTP webservce -> AVRO CLIENT ------------> Fume with AVRO source
The problem starts when i started using File Channel Since now all the HTTP
requests to the REST WS are blocked on file system .
With memory channel evrything was fast and perfect,
So i started thinking about solution and the idea was of using memcached
between all the Tier 1 flume servers.
This way i will not be blocked on file system from one side and from other
side i will still be hightly avalible.
Does it make sence?

In general i implemented teh solution....
Just wanted to know you opinion.

Re: Flume idea

Posted by Roshan Naik <ro...@hortonworks.com>.
Could you elaborate on "using memcached between all the Tier 1 flume
servers."
It is not clear where memcached is fitting in the data flow pipeline.
-roshan

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE