Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Schellingerhout, Nico" <ni...@philips.com> on 2010/05/25 22:17:38 UTC

truMerge 1.1.0 released

Dear Subversion users,

I am happy to announce the release of truMerge 1.1.0.

truMerge is a merge helper tool that combines true rename<http://subversion.tigris.org/merge-tracking/requirements.html> functionality with Subversion merge, in order to handle tree conflicts more reliably and effectively. truMerge not only recognizes but also handles most tree conflicts automatically.

This release sports the following features:

    * Supports normal, reverse, and reintegration merges

    * Automatic resolution of a wide range of tree conflicts

    * Supports multiple OS platforms (tested on Windows XP, Ubuntu 10.04)

    * Supports merge tracking (compatible with native svn merge tracking in 1.5 and higher)

    * Compatible with svn 1.5 and 1.6

    * Supports merging into working copies that have local modifications

    * Supports merging multiple revision ranges as well as automatically skipping already merged revisions

You can grab the release here:

http://trumerge.open.collab.net/files/documents/211/3472/truMerge-1.1.0.zip

For more information, please visit the truMerge project on open.collab.net: http://trumerge.open.collab.net/

Best regards,

Nico

--

N.W. Schellingerhout

Philips Healthcare

________________________________

Re: sparse checkout tool

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 1:38 PM, Jeremy Mordkoff <jl...@zeevee.com> wrote:
> I remember reading about a tool that let you define what parts of a
> repository were needed to create a work space. It basically did a bunch
> of sparse checkouts based on a config file.
>
> Could someone remind me what was its name? Please reply directly as I'm
> no longer on the list.

You must mean this:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/subversion/trunk/tools/client-side/svn-viewspec.py?view=markup

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

sparse checkout tool

RE: truMerge 1.1.0 released

Posted by "Schellingerhout, Nico" <ni...@philips.com>.

Ben, thanks for the feedback, I will update the information.

> Question: Does it require a 1.5 series or later SVN server? Or can it
> make due with older servers?

It really needs 1.5 on the server as well, because truMerge relies on
merge tracking to be available. (I'm sure it could be backported, but
we have never felt the need for backward compatibility beyond svn 1.5;
merging without merge tracking is not a great experience.)

Nico

Re: truMerge 1.1.0 released

Posted by BRM <bm...@yahoo.com>.
Checked out the website, and there doesn't seem to be much up on truMerge; it took me a while to find out it needs the command-line 1.5 series client to function. More info on the website would be useful - especially requirements, supported platforms, a working Wiki, etc. (No, I didn't log into open.collab.net; but I shouldn't have to to find out that information either.) I did eventually find some of the info in the INSTALL doc, but it took me a while to even find that.
Any how...all that aside...

Question: Does it require a 1.5 series or later SVN server? Or can it make due with older servers?
TSVN requires a Merge tracking enabled SVN server to be able to do merges. Right now, I don't have access to one - my server is 1.4 series and I can't change it right now (external limitations).
So if you can work with an older server without the merge tracking info then I'm more than happy to try a few merges with it and see how things go.
If not, please add that to the documentation too.

Thanks,

Ben

> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 12:17:38AM +0200, Schellingerhout, Nico wrote:
>
> Dear Subversion users,
>
> I am happy to announce the release of
> truMerge 1.1.0.
>
> truMerge is a merge helper tool that combines
> true
>
> rename<http://subversion.tigris.org/merge-tracking/requirements.html>
>
> functionality with Subversion merge, in order to handle tree conflicts
>
> more reliably and effectively. truMerge not only recognizes but also
>
> handles most tree conflicts automatically.

I would like to encourage all
> users who regularly encounter tree conflicts
to try trumerge and let the
> community know their opinion on its behaviour
(regarding performance as well
> as perceived correctness of tree conflict
resolution).

The behaviour
> of trumerge will likely be a role-model for Subversion
when we get around to
> further improving tree conflict detection and
resolution in the post-1.7 era.
> So you will help Subversion by providing
feedback about
> trumerge.

Thanks,
Stefan