Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Helm, Mary (MCS Release)" <ma...@hpe.com> on 2016/02/18 17:51:14 UTC

question

We have noticed this behavior on app servers running either JBOSS EAP 6.4 or Wildfly 9.0.1 Final.

We are using the Console appender within our log4j2.xml file for our web-app and we are seeing that any log4j2 messages written to the log are formatted as double-spaced. Removing the "%n" from our log4j2.xml pattern results in the log4j2 messages appearing on a single line.

Is there a way to single space all the information that is logged in the same file?  We do want both the JBOSS and application messages in the same server.log file.

Mary T. Helm
Services Information Developer IV, CEM/JAVA SME
Medicare Part  B Shared System Claims Processing Maintenance
Medicare Systems High Maturity Group an SEI CMMI Level 5 Organization
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Telephone +1 717.547.7791
Email mary.helm@hpe.com<ma...@hpe.com>
1250 Camp Hill Bypass  MS 1-400
Camp Hill, PA 17011
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient's) and may contain HP Internal or HP Confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

RE: question

Posted by "Helm, Mary (MCS Release)" <ma...@hpe.com>.
No, there are 2 separate applications.  The logs were generated on Windows and viewed on Windows and also generated on Linux and viewed on Linux.

Mary

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

RE: question

Posted by "Helm, Mary (MCS Release)" <ma...@hpe.com>.