Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Raoul Cridlig <rc...@datasystem.fr> on 2011/11/09 14:52:36 UTC

Namespace attribute order

Hi,

I'm using xalan 2.7.1.
My xml stream to be transformed is generated by JaxB, which is
generating his own namespace attribute  order.
But this order is not xalan compatible.

Example:
<Transaction xmlns="http://www.av2s.com/xft"
xsi:type="TransactionRequestType"
xsi:type="TransactionRequestType" ...>
</Transaction>

I get this error during XSL transformation:
org.apache.crimson.parser/P-084 xsi:type
; Line#: 1; Column#: -1
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
org.apache.crimson.parser/P-084 xsi:type
     at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.fatalError(TransformerImpl.java:742)

I thought crimson project had been retired...

It's seem that the xsi namespace need to be defined as an attribute
before use (xsi:type). Whereas attribute order in XML
specification don't need to be managed.

so, who's wrong (jaxB attribute creation order  or xalan XSLT attribute
order reading ?

Best Regards,

Raoul Cridlig
<ma...@datasystem.fr>

Re: {Disarmed} RE: Namespace attribute order

Posted by Raoul Cridlig <rc...@datasystem.fr>.
Thx; here I am now in the next error step ;-)

java.lang.NullPointerException
         at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.setOutputProperty(TransformerImpl.java:966)

My java code is quite simple:
Transformer transformer = ts.newTransformer();
                                       "no");<<<<<< line where the
exception is thrown

Raoul Cridlig

Posted by Raoul Cridlig <rc...@datasystem.fr>.