Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com> on 2000/01/18 21:44:03 UTC

1.6 differences

I just installed Cocoon 1.6 and am having 2 problems (running on Tomcat
v3.1-tree, MacOS w/MRJ 2.1.4):

1) all the XSP examples are returning this error:

java.io.IOException: bad path error
    at java.io.File.getCanonicalPath(File.java)
    at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(Compiled Code)

2) my own XSL sheets are all broken now.   Does the xalan/xerces combination
that 1.6 uses have a stricter/more complete set of DOM vs. the OpenXML that
I was using for v1.5?

Thanks,

Mike

Re: 1.6 differences

Posted by Michael Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com>.
on 1/19/00 5:36 AM, Stefano Mazzocchi at stefano@apache.org wrote:

> It might be the case. Anyway, consider that this is the _last_ time we
> move parsers and processors and both Xalan and Xerces are _very_
> compliant to the specs, so I think it's worth the effort.

I didn't mean to imply that it wasn't worth the effort.  I'm much happier
now that things are a litte more standardized with Xalan and Xerces. Also my
custom Producers are much, much faster now then they were in 1.5.

I found one of the problems is it  seems that I was getting away with
selecting attributes by doing this:

<xsl:value-of select="NODE@ATTRIBUTE"/>

when in should have had

<xsl:value-of select="NODE/@ATTRIBUTE"/>

Re: 1.6 differences

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Michael Engelhart wrote:

> I just installed Cocoon 1.6 and am having 2 problems (running on Tomcat
> v3.1-tree, MacOS w/MRJ 2.1.4):
>
> 1) all the XSP examples are returning this error:
>
> java.io.IOException: bad path error
>     at java.io.File.getCanonicalPath(File.java)
>     at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(Compiled Code)

Uh, tell us more.

> 2) my own XSL sheets are all broken now.   Does the xalan/xerces combination
> that 1.6 uses have a stricter/more complete set of DOM vs. the OpenXML that
> I was using for v1.5?

It might be the case. Anyway, consider that this is the _last_ time we
move parsers and processors and both Xalan and Xerces are _very_
compliant to the specs, so I think it's worth the effort.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: 1.6 differences

Posted by Michael Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com>.
on 1/18/00 11:43 PM, Ricardo Rocha at ricardo@apache.org wrote:

> What operating system, Jdk version and servlet engine
> are you using?
>
> File.getCanonicalPath() generally fails because of security
> problems, such as filesystem access permissions...
MacOS, jdk is MRJ 2.1.4  (which = Sun JDK 1.1.8).

Mike

RE: 1.6 differences

Posted by Ricardo Rocha <ri...@apache.org>.