Posted to user@spark.apache.org by rapelly kartheek <ka...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/08 18:11:13 UTC

Scheduling in spark

Hi,
  I am a post graduate student, new to spark. I want to understand how
Spark scheduler works. I just have theoretical understanding of DAG
scheduler and the underlying task scheduler.

I want to know, given a job to the framework, after the DAG scheduler
phase, how the scheduling happens??

Can someone help me out as to how to proceed in these lines.  I have some
exposure towards Hadoop schedulers and tools like Mumak simulator for
experiments.

Can someone please tell me how to perform simulations on Spark w.r.to
 schedulers.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Re: Scheduling in spark

Posted by "Kartheek.R" <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Andrew for the updated link.

regards
Karthik

Re: Scheduling in spark

Posted by Andrew Or <an...@databricks.com>.
Here's the most updated version of the same page:
http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/job-scheduling

Re: Scheduling in spark

Posted by "Kartheek.R" <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thank you so much for the link, Sujeet.