Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by William Tam <em...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/05 21:13:37 UTC

Re: [CONF] Apache Camel: CXFRS (page created)

> CXF JAXRS front end implements the JAXRS(JSR311) API, so we can export the
> resources classes as a REST service. And we leverage the CXF Invoker API to
> turn a REST request into a normal Java object method invocation.
> Unlike the camel-restlet, you don't need to specify the URI template within
> your restlet endpoint, CXF take care of the REST request URI to resource
> class method mapping according to the JSR311 specification.

I am not clear how to get the request object from the exchange.  Could
you clarify it?

> All you need to do in Camel is delegate this method request to a right processor or
> endpoint.

The processor/endpoint that I delegated to may need to know "metadata"
(such as verb, path, URI templates parameters, media type, etc).   Are
these information available in the exchange?

Thanks.

Re: [CONF] Apache Camel: CXFRS (page created)

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi William,

William Tam wrote:
>> CXF JAXRS front end implements the JAXRS(JSR311) API, so we can export the
>> resources classes as a REST service. And we leverage the CXF Invoker API to
>> turn a REST request into a normal Java object method invocation.
>> Unlike the camel-restlet, you don't need to specify the URI template within
>> your restlet endpoint, CXF take care of the REST request URI to resource
>> class method mapping according to the JSR311 specification.
>
> I am not clear how to get the request object from the exchange.  Could
> you clarify it?

Each validity REST request will be mapped to a method call of the
resources class's instance. Current camel-cxfrs consumer just take this
call from the CxfRsInvoker and pass it to the Camel processors.

You can find more detail information in the CxfRsInvoker.java[1]

>> All you need to do in Camel is delegate this method request to a right processor or
>> endpoint.
>
> The processor/endpoint that I delegated to may need to know "metadata"
> (such as verb, path, URI templates parameters, media type, etc).   Are
> these information available in the exchange?

No, you can't get these information for camel-cxfrs consumer.

> Thanks.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/components/camel-cxf/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/cxf/jaxrs/CxfRsInvoker.java

Cheers,