Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Florian Müller <fl...@alfresco.com> on 2010/10/27 17:51:41 UTC

CMIS TCK framework

Hi all,

I have checked in the TCK framework. There are currently only a handful of tests but it will grow over time.

Here are few instructions how to use it and how to add more tests:

- The easiest way to run the TCK is org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.tck.runner.ConsoleRunner .
  This little program starts the TCK and prints a text report on the screen.
  It requires one command line parameter: the path and filename of a file that contains OpenCMIS session parameters.
  A sample file is in the resource folder.

- If you are more adventurous you can try the ant task. This also allows you to change the output format.
  There is a build.xml sample in the resource folder.

- At the moment, there is only one test group and three tests. They are all in org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.tck.tests.basics .
  Have a look and let me know if this is understandable.

- If you want to create a new test extend AbstractSessionTest and implement init() and run(). Don't forget to set a test name!
  Finally, add your test to the init() method of your test group.

- If you want to create a new test group extend AbstractSessionTestGroup and implement init(). Don't forget to set a group name!
  If the group should be included in the default TCK groups, add a new line to cmis-tck-groups.txt .

It might look a bit complex and verbose at first sight. But keep in mind that these are not unit tests.
If we want to generate a decent report, we have to do a bit more than just simple asserts.

Comments?

- Florian

Re: CMIS TCK framework

Posted by Florent Guillaume <fg...@nuxeo.com>.